Happy Monday everyone. After a whirlwind weekend, I was actually really looking forward to tonight’s mask to help relax as I watched The Bachelor. (If you’ve been watching, can you believe the whining already??)
Anyway… Tonight I tried another one of the Yes To masks. If you remember, I tried a paper version of their masks in review 1 that I wasn’t in love with, so I figured I’d give their clay version a try. I am a big fan of clay masks in general because I feel like they really hydrate your skin. I’ve also been using my new Clarisonic Mia 1, so I wanted something less shocking to my skin.
I decided on the Cucumbers Calming Mud Mask (order it HERE or find it at your local Ulta Beauty). It comes in a little pouch, which I felt like you really needed to rip completely open to get all of the mask out.
A few highlights:
- It’s really easy to apply – The mud in the package is pretty easy to get out if you pull the entire package open (see picture). But the mask goes on smoothly. It
- My skin feels more hydrated than I thought – I definitely can feel the hydration, which is great. I was worried that I would want to put lotion on my face since it’s so dry out, but my skin is keeping the moisture in from the mask.
- I could move my face when I used it! – This is huge. Some clay masks harden to the point it hurts, but this one didn’t.
Some things I didn’t love:
- The Smell – It wasn’t offensive, but it didn’t have that fun cucumber smell like I assumed it would.
- It took a LOT of water to wash off – Most masks wash off with a bit of warm water and some rubbing. This one took a bit more effort, which was surprising because it didn’t feel that thick on my skin.
Overall, this is a great mask for beginners or someone who wants something low maintenance. Something to keep in mind is it costs around $4, but you only get one application. Some of the other mask types that come in jars can seem a bit more expensive, but your price per mask is lower.
I would say, overall, I give this mask a 7/10.
Next week, I’m going to review one of my go-to masks for Spot Treatment!